Centerless Grinding Technician - 1st Shift
• Assignment Detail Job Classification: Machine Operator Duration: Permanent Categories: Manufacturing/Operations
• Job Description Centerless Grinding Technician - Operator - 1st Shift Location: Rockford Illinois,
(Commensurate with experience).
Centerless Technician Essential Responsibilities (Tasks):
• Maintain tight tolerance in a high-volume production environment
• Set-up and operate Thru-Feed or In-Feed centerless grinding machines
• Inspect, replace, and adjust key machine components such as grinding wheels, rest blades, part guides, gauges, dresser tooling and spindles.
• Help train and develop Operators and other Machine Technicians.
• Apply principles of 5S to production lines so everything is organized, clean, and safe.
• Follow all company rules and regulations related to environmental, health, and safety.
• This list is not all inclusive; other job-related tasks may be assigned. Education & Training
• High level of mechanical aptitude and related machine repair training
• 2-5 years Centerless Grinding Experience Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Certified to inspect finished goods.
• General knowledge of material handling, manufacturing processes, quality control systems.
• Working knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and some electronics.
• Ability to read machine drawings and customer part blue prints.
• Strong working knowledge of arithmetic and geometry.
• Capability to use Powered Industrial Trucks (forklift, motorized pallet jacks and standups).
• Aptitude to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
• Ability to analyze information and use logic to solve work-related issues and problems.
• Capacity to get work done in a timely fashion with little or no supervision
• Ability to create instructions or drawings about how to troubleshoot, repair, modify or improve parts on equipment.
• Communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
Technology used in this position:
• Hand tools: screw drivers, Allen keys, wrenches, pliers, etc.
• Measuring Instruments: Vernier calipers, dial indicators, micrometers, roundness gauge, Micro-Finish gauge, Shadow Graph, Laser-Mic, Mahr Gauge.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts; vapors or airborne particles; chemicals, vibration, and loud noises.
• Safety shoes, safety glasses, chemical resistant gloves for this position must be worn on the production floor. Other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
• Workweek is a minimum of 40 hours. Based upon business needs, overtime is required.
• The pace of work is steady and fast. Physical Demands of Job • Regularly stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
• Continuously stand for two four-hour periods without a break.
• Regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• This position requires sufficient vision to see details at close range.
• Use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
• The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
Absolute Grinding and Manufacturing – Rockford, Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the benefits of diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other attribute or protected characteristic by law.
If Interested please contact us at 1-815-964-1999